Monday, November 24, 2008

Re-Mastered

I've just recently re-ripped all my CDs (not including the ones I left back in Brunei and in London) because I wanted to improve the quality of the mp3 files I already have. Some of them were quite low quality (at 64kbps) because of really stupid circumstances relating to iTunes and the lack of decent mp3 converters back in the day. Now they're all amped up all the way to 320kbps. which takes a whole lotta space, but worth it.

I don't really play computer games, so games don't take up much space on my laptop. So now half of my hard drive is just my music collection. That's 75 GB. Oh fuck.

It's really worth it though, that extra space taken up by the extra three hundred bitrate. I've really re-discovered songs with the richer detail. I've fallen in love again with Rise Against's 'The Sufferer & The Witness' and Coheed & Cambria's 'Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV.' Even albums I thought I got sick of like A.F.I.'s 'Decemberunderground' and The Blood Brothers' 'Young Machetes.'

I would definitely lose my head if all that music suddenly disappeared. Ten years worth of collecting music gone. I would actually kill someone.

Signing out

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment