Monday, July 23, 2007

The Strength & Weakness To Embrace Anger & Profanity

I’m getting tired of having to tell people I’m vegetarian. It’s worse when someone mentions I’m a vegetarian out of nowhere just as conversation fodder. I hate having to explain over and over again why, how and when I turned vegetarian. And when I finish explaining, they start making fun out of it. It’s so bloody fucking frustrating. I’ve got to the point when anyone tries to make fun of vegetarianism, I just can’t be bothered to fucking care. Fuck it, who cares what they think. They don’t know shit about vegetarianism, and they think they can just mock it as if it’s some crazy cult some hippie invented.

News flash. Aside from when I’m blogging or when someone brings it up as conversation fodder and specifically asks me what I think, I do not criticise people eating meat. Period. I might have critical views about it, but I wouldn’t lay it out for everyone to see. People can be so dismissive, it’s so fucking ridiculous. How would you feel if the fact that you need your meat to be slaughtered in a specific and designated way be criticised and teased? You’d feel pissed off, won’t you? Then fuck it, realise that by making fun of vegetarianism you’re essentially pissing all over my ethical beliefs and my way of living. I wouldn’t mind if someone tried to argue legitimately, by making legitimate points, instead of dismissing it straight away. And please, religious arguments don’t sway me, because admit it, nowhere does it say it’s ‘haram’ to be a vegetarian. This is as much an ethical choice as arguing if polygamy in this day and age is still appropriate and is not susceptible to abuse. And it fucks with my brain that sometimes in rare occasions, someone would argue against vegetarianism using religion, but fuck it, I know he’s chugging ten pints of Carling and doing it in six different positions with his girlfriend all the while he’s vomiting out this hypocritical bullshit all over my face.

And if the amount of profanity doesn’t show it, I tell you here and now, I’m fucking pissed off by all of this. So fuckfaces, if you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t talk about it, because frankly, honestly and sincerely, I can’t fucking be arsed anymore.

Right now I still believe I will be vegetarian for life. No, don’t swing that piece of fried chicken in front of me. Believe me, I’m not tempted. At all. I’m more tempted to kick my own balls with a pair of army boots then stomp on my own face, if I’m being honest.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment