Thursday, February 10, 2011

What's On The Stereo: Ute - The Gambler

This is a record that's a little bit of a 'grower' for me. At first I didn't know what to make of this genre-dodging EP, but something persisted in me. Something made me listen to it on repeat several times. And how my patience has paid off.

Listen to the EP after the JUMP





Ute - The Gambler EP by alcopop



In just five songs, Ute manages to combine several influences, genres, and styles and successfully interweave elements of seemingly incompatible categories into mesmerising, often dark narratives with a bewitching soundtrack. All this would not be out of place in a Tim Burton film, as a friend of mine remarked upon hearing Ute's songs.

Released on Alcopop in early December last year, I just thought you should know, this thing's been playing on the stereo for a while now.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment