Saturday, January 7, 2012

Review: Knorx - Opportunity Never Knorx Twice

Knorx knorx. Who's there? Knorx. Knorx who? Knorx featuring Joe and Jamie of Tubelord and Tobias Hayes of Shoes & Socks Off / Meet Me In St. Louis fame. Oh how wonderful, do come in. I was just boiling some tea.


So, Knorx featuring the Joe and Jamie of Tubelord and Tobias Hayes of Shoes & Socks Off / Meet Me In St. Louis fame, what brings you here to our quaint little house? I see you've brought some grungy, distorted sounds with you. Oh my, you really needn't to, but it's lovely all the same. That muffled voice of yours, I do apologise, but for someone hard of hearing like me, it's not easy for me to make out what you're saying. Saying that though, it's an intriguing trait. It suits you well.

 
Oh, did you say your parents are Tubelord and Shoes and Socks Off? I must say you don't sound much like them. I do see that little bit of resemblance though. You have Tubelord's yelpy and math-y influences in you, and Shoes and Socks Off's dark, bubbling undercurrents. Still, you are definitely your own person. That much is clear. 


You know, I wouldn't think your parents would marry and have a child like you, but seeing it now, it's a wonderful thing. I can't help but wonder if they're planning any more baby Knorxes. That would be quite lovely, isn't it? Oh, you're leaving already? But you've only just been here for 18 minutes. You must come over again some other time. Have a safe walk home, and do say hello to your parents for me.

Download it free on Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment