Thursday, May 3, 2012

Announcement: Indefinite Hiatus

As of today, It's Raining Planes & Helicopters will be on indefinite hiatus. This is because of other commitments, both personal and professional.

Even though content on this blog has been gradually decreasing anyway, it's very sad to acknowledge that I do not have as much time as I first started to continue giving this my best. Inbetween work, Musical Mathematics, Muzikaliti, and several other projects, It's Raining planes & Helicopters has fallen on the wayside.

It's a sad day for me as It's Raining Planes & Helicopters had given me so much experience and so many opportunities, from making friends with bands, promoters and record labels, to getting free tickets and records, and getting an offer to write for Musical Mathematics, recording acoustic sessions with the likes of The Xcerts, interviews with my favorite musicians, and much more. What first started as a personal outlet for me to write about music then became something that gained a very small but very appreciated readership.

The first time a band came up to me at a gig to offer thanks for reviewing their record, I was astounded. The appreciation was very much mutual. Whenever a band linked my review of their record on Facebook or Twitter, I felt like a schoolchild. That feeling has never and never will get old. This is the same for whenever a reader shows appreciation for introducing them to their new favorite band.

These may seem like small things to be proud of, but I am proud of them nonetheless. As someone who is incompetent at making music, I am happy to make a mark, however small, with my writing.

I will continue writing, but not on IRPAH. At least not for a while. I will continue writing on Musical Mathematics, the Leeds-based zine collective I have so much love for. I will continue in my attempts to make Muzikaliti, a Brunei-centric music website, work.

It will no longer be raining planes & helicopters,

So long,

Jay


No comments:

Post a Comment