Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Know What You Broke Last Autumn


Tell you what. I am so tempted to buy myself an LCD screen for my laptop. Yes, my laptop screen has been broken for months. Now I'm borrowing my mate's LCD screen, and it's amazing. It's sufficiently big to show two pages side by side on Microsoft simultaneously on font 10 TNR (or even Font 8) without me having to squint my eyes. Small thing, you say. But it's really helpful since I usually have my notes on my computer when I do an essay, so it's easier to have them both open and viewable at the same time.

Even if I decide to buy a new laptop, I might just starve myself for a month to get a new LCD screen, which means I could watch a movie on my LCD screen, and do work on my laptop. Which would be great.

So I'm thinking that my budget on a new laptop would be around £400. Which now would get very decent ones from Acer, Dell or HP. Or if I'm ambitious, I can starve myself for two more months and get an AirMac. Which is totally unnecessary. And pretentious (seeing as I'm not yet used to the Mac OS). And show-offish. And silly. What I need is something that would run Microsoft Word 2012 (or OpenOffice. Or even Notepad) and Pro Evo 2012, and Football Manager 2046, all at the same time. Any suggestions?

And oh, it has to have Minesweeper and FreeCell. So a Mac is out of the question. Or does Mac have them? I'm not sure.

If you would like to contribute to the Jay's New Laptop Charity Fund, please do so. Tell me, and I'll tell you my account details so you can transfer some money :D I'm only half-joking. Hahaha. Who knows, I might mention you in my next blog if you give enough.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment