Saturday, July 18, 2009

Navigation Atlas


Lost From Atlas released a new EP, and it can be downloaded for free. I'm hoping to get it from Pill as soon as possible, as for some reason, the wi-fi here won't allow me to download anything bigger than 20mb in less than 45 minutes.

Most of you might not even know who Lost From Atlas are, so here's what the bio from their myspace says:


Not much, really. Anyway, this was what I said of them when I went to see Youves in York and they were supporting. Obviously they liked my review so much they decided to use it in their myspace page.


I really want to listen to the EP, as Pill gave it a very high rating of 4.6 out of 5, though how she devised that kind of precision in rating an EP is out of my comprehension. But I trust her music taste. She did introduce me to Foals, forced me to look up Tubelord and likes Avril Lavigne. Wait, did I say Avril? I meant Peggy Sue.

Download the EP here.

In other news, Tubelord (yes, this has turned into a Tubelord-obsessed blog as of late), told in an interview the first single from their debut album will be the excellent Propeller. I'm assuming this is a re-recorded version, so I'm curious to see if they'll either polish it up or let the track be. Either way I have faith in them to make Propeller either as awesome as it is now or more awesome than its current state.


Click on the picture to read the full interview.

Anyway, if you can't wait for the single, you can download the free EP, 'Square', courtesy from themselves.


If you're wondering, both the links are provided by the bands themselves, so if you're fussy about things like copyright, you don't need to worry.

From awesomeness to loveliness. Here's the lovely Abi Lanigan.


Clicking on the lovely photo will take you to her myspace page.

She has toured with likes of Newton Faulkner and Mr Hudson & The Library, and I do think her myspace description of herself is a spot-on summary of what her sound is.


Now maybe I judged Avril Lavigne too harshly. If lovely Lanigan can find it in herself to name-drop not-so-lovely-anymore Lavigne, then I should probably give the pseudo-punk girl (woman?) a second chance. Or maybe not.

And you know what Tubelord and Abi Lanigan have in common? They're both playing at Southsea Fest!

It's got me excited. First week back in England, and we'll already be in the wonderful company of Jo, Sean and Dave. How's that for awesomeness?

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment