Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We'll Listen To The Sounds Of The Southsea


Being back to the land where the local scene is not exactly my cup of tea (though metal is something I don't really mind and occasionally do like), I've (well, Pill really) already planned my return to Blighty with a visit to Southsea Fest in Portsmouth. Featuring many well-known acts like James Yuill, The Xcerts and The Joy Formidable, I'm expecting it to be well awesome.


But the band I'm most excited about is none other than the mighty Tubelord. It's getting agonisingly close to the release of their debut album ( a few months more), and I'm hoping they will play new material just to whet our appetite for this new album. I've just heard Tubelord will be supporting Hadouken at the Hoxton, London, sometime this month. That would've been one awesome gig. A little bit of obnoxious party-crashing nu rave with some fitzy math pop rock. Just pure perfection.

Myspace for Southsea Fest

I'm also going to the Foals gig in London that same month. Featuring supports by So So Modern and Two Door Cinema Club - both of which I've never heard of - my last live experience with Foals had been one of the best gigs I went to in my life, and I also discovered two other bands from Oxford - Jonquil and Youthmovies - who were as mental as fuck, both in very different ways.

I will try and find out more about the local music scene here in Brunei. My cousin is in what from he described to me seems to be a doom instrumental metal band. Which sounds brilliant. I'll be looking forward to be at their gig sometime soon.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment