Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Top 10 Albums of 2009: A List

I'll update properly soon. Here's a list of my top ten albums of 2009. I'll write up about it when I have time.

10) Emmy The Great - First Love
"First Love"


9) Band of Skulls - Baby Darling Doll Face Honey
"Fires"

Band Of Skulls - Fires on MUZU

8) Animal Collective - Merriweather Post-Pavillion
"My Girls"


7) Bat For Lashes - Two Suns
"Daniel"


6) Dananananaykroyd - Hey Everyone
"Some Dresses"


5) Blakfish - Champions
"Ringo Starr - The 2nd Best Drummer In The Beatles"
No video


4) Gallows - Grey Britain
"I Dread The Night"


3) Tubelord - Our First American Friends
"Propeller"


2) The xx - xx
"Crystalized"


1) Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!
"Heads Will Roll"


I guess the inclusion of Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The xx might be obvious, or even Gallows. Your top ten might be different. I'll talk more in detail next time about my choices. Here are some notable mentions:

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Beirut - Holland / March Of The Zapotec
Red Light Company - Fine Fascination
Asobi Seksu - Hush
Sam Isaac - Bears
Crazy Arm - Born To Ruin
Handsome Furs - Face Control
Enter Shikari - Common Dreads
Antony & The Johnsons - The Crying Light
Local Natives - Gorilla Manor
Loney, Dear - Dear John

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment