Monday, August 9, 2010

I Like This. You Should Too

Oh look, what's in my inbox. A song by Leeds sound-merchants Bearfoot Beware. Why if I remember correctly, I saw them supporting the wonderful Two Door Cinema Club about a year ago. Ah yes, they did. Now I remember perfectly. Isaid that they sound like as if "Anti-Flag had wild, wild... urm... flirtations with Youves and resulted in this monster."


What's this fresh meat they've sent my way?


I better press play...







The Love Life of Trevor Bennett by bearfootbeware


I'm liking this. I'm really, really liking this.


For some reason I can't put my finger on, this reminds me strangely of The Cure. That is, if The Cure was being covered by Los Campesinos! Yes, I like my band+band comparisons, but in this case, this is honestly the first thought that came to my head.



The boys of Bearfoot Beware probably didn't intend for that, but I can tell you what they want to do. They want to make you jump around, move your body and embarrass yourself to the sounds of their poppy, bouncy, mathsy tunes. And by Odin, I think I might have freaked out the barista when she served me my mocha latte. It looks like I might have to find another cafe to 'write my screenplay' in. If that semi-real anecdote didn't make it clear, I love this song.


It just goes straight into the pit from the first second, and stays till the last. I don't know who Trevor Bennett is, but his romantic life (or lack of) does make for a wonderfully catchy song.


My mocha latte is getting cold. And the barista is looking at me weird again. I better go.


Signing out


Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment