Sunday, May 20, 2007

Time & Tenacity

Exams time again.

Everyone's blogging about it, so just in accordance of this trend, I'll talk about it too.

I'm not nervous at all. I don't even think I'm bothered. I know that if I cock this up, I'll make it that bit harder for my future. But still, I'm not really worried.

I can't go panicking about exams just for the sake of it. I need to, I guess. Or else I won't really start to properly revise. I've been working hard, but only in classrooms. And I do most of top schools (homework) on time and with effort. But other than that, I haven't studied one bit. I spend most of my nights watching a film, or reading a book. I'm currently reading three books at the moment, like I always do. If I read just one book, my attention span gets really short. But with three books, I can shift my attention to the other one before I get bored.

One of the books, 'Catch-22' by Joseph Heller, is really interesting. It's an anti-war, fictional, satirical and historical novel, set in World War II. It's a lot different to Kurt Vonnegut's great anti-war novel, 'Slaughterhouse-5' which I read just before Easter.

Basically 'Catch-22' is a lot about paradoxes. Catch-22 itself is the main theme (obviously, it's the title). Catch-22 is the condition that has to be met if an army pilot does not want to perform any more combat missions. The condition is that the pilot has to be crazy, and that he has to report to the army himself that he is crazy and request retirement. The catch is that if the pilot requests retirement, therefore he recognises the dangers of combat missions, and by recognising danger, he cannot be considered crazy. This forces him to stay in the army.

This book was written in the 1960s, and it's still very relevant today, especially in bureaucratic terms.

Okay, I'm gonna stop talking about the book before I sound pretentious and boring. Haha. Ho.

I got distracted from the exams issue quite quick there. I need to concentrate.

So... Exams...

For my opinion on exams, just read my blog entry from long ago. Click here.

Although be warned, it's only two paragraphs on exams. The other part is about everything else.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment