Saturday, September 15, 2007

An Honest Thought For A Coordinated Mess

After reading Dibs's blog, and her 'honest' personal statement, I thought I might write my own. Hahaha. Here goes:

Hey. I decided to take English Literature in your university because:

a) it's in London,

b) it's in London

c) if it's not in London, the grade requirements aren't that high.

To be honest, I don't know why I should be told how to feel when reading a novel/play/poem written by a guy who's been dead for a few hundred years now. I don't like all this formal bullshit telling you that you should appreciate this poem because it was this and that. Shut the fuck up. I'll appreciate it in my own way, you fucking moron.

And why the fuck am I taking a hard subject like English Literature when I could take something I could cruise in, like Maths? Oh, if it isn't the moneybags, our government. Thinking that just by getting more English teachers would solve the problem of Brunei people failing their English O'Levels, they gave me a chance to waste their money on taking a subject I'd sturggle in university in anyway.

So I was a Corporal in Army Cadets. So what? I did absolutely nought that's worth mentioning. Did it teach me leadership skills? Most of the time I was being shouted at and told to do push-ups. Yes, I was being led alright.

I'm pretty much skeptical about the idea of examinable and formal education. So fuck, I don't really have any reason to go to your university, except to wait for my ten-year teaching contract, and get loads of money saved to start my own media empire.

Please take me in to your university.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment