Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tall Ships - Chemistry

Tall Ships - Chemistry

Download the song for free from [NME.COM]

I love Tall Ships. I'm really not sure where to place them, but I've heard the term post-Foalsian indie used *cough*NME*cough*. Every song from their debut self-titled EP seems to have a place of their own in the musical order of things.

Their new song, Chemistry, is taken from their upcoming second EP smartly titled 'There Is Nothing But Chemistry Here'. To be honest, it took me several listens to 'get' this track. I almost gave up. Then it struck me. I finally 'got' it. I understood the slow, angular start, the repeated mantra 'there is nothing but chemistry here' becomes beautifully clear (to quote one of the lyrics).

That familiar euphoric climax Tall Ships seemingly never fail to deliver song after song comes here just as you'd expect, complete with its simple yet cleverly devastating lyrics, and its orgy of audible, intimate pleasures.

Download the song for free from [NME.COM]

You can stream the brilliant debut EP by them on [THE LINE OF BEST FIT]

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment