Saturday, February 24, 2007

Reviewing Hushes, Reminding Violence

I feel knackered..

Last night was good though. Not that it went perfectly. It was the fact that it didn't, and nobody noticed it didn't, was the most satisfying fact. In Act 1 Scene 11, my first big scene, Will Collins managed to skip four pages, without anyone noticing at all. I didn't. Half the cast didn't. Even the director didn't. We all had a big laugh after about it. It could've easily been a complete disaster, but it didn't.

I don't think I acted well though. And that was to be expected, I guess. My first play, my theatrical debut, and I was given quite a role. Not that it was massive. It was a supporting role. I had five scenes out of a total of 22, so I wasn't a pivotal character or anything. Looking forward to tonight's performance, and the inevitable chaos in the afterparty.

On a much darker note, some local people hanged about our school site. Some local youngsters - some would call them chavs - were walking around school with chains and hockey sticks, just looking for trouble and a fight. Jeremy Waterworth, a guy in our house, got smacked in the face with a hockey stick. He's in the Sanitorium now. Poor guy. His older brother, Sam, who's in my year, is surely really baited. I don't know. It's just..

It's not fair. Jezza (Jeremy) surely could've not done anything to provoke them. They were here for a reason. There's a lot of speculation on why they were here. But so far I've heard nothing solid. Maybe something will come out in the next few days.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment