Sunday, February 18, 2007

Walking People, Talking Hearts

How did I forget to mention what we did on Valentine's Day? Haha

The way we celebrated it, it was more like Christmas, what with all the gifts exchanging [so many] hands. Mind you, it was fun.

At the stroke of midnight, in the eve of February the 14th, we gave our gifts and watched in glee the reactions of different people to different gifts. Adi got a Liverpool away shirt with his name and his number [3] at the back. That was cool. He got an iPod Shuffle for Kimy. And so the pattern goes on. Farah, Vanessa, Jenny, Daeena, Me, Ajis (Gaban), Tajus.. Zeerah joined in later in the night after she came back from Barcelona, Spain. We were there, exchanging gifts with one another. It did seriously feel like Christmas, although we didn't exactly celebrate Christmas with this many gifts.

I got a TMX Elmo, which I have named TK Maxx, which is a shop here which sells branded stuff for quite low prices. Haha.

The day itself - Valentine's Day, that is - was really quite fun. My Valentine for the day was Zeerah, and we really did have such a good time. And we didn't have to spend anything either, except for the Tube ride home, and two cups of Starbucks coffee.

I didn't actually plan anything for the day, because I was broke. Properly broke. It really frustrated me how broke I was.

But then, when she said she wanted to go to Starbucks, I had an unexpectedly brilliant idea. I said that we should go to the one near Paddington, in Little Venice. If you don't know what Little Venice is - and quite frankly, I'm not sure myself - it's a small canal with barges on both sides, and ducks swimming delightfully on the surface. And that made for a very romantic time for the both of us.

It was an unexpected savior. A place that never did occur to me at all when I was trying to plan what to do.

We ended up walking for what was maybe two hours along the paths following the river (canal?), watching the ducks dive into the water and then surfacing back up again, looking at the mural which was done with recycled litter. Just the silence and peace of it all. One unnoticed part of London which goes by quietly amidst all the chaos and hectic nature of the city.

Well, I'd love to go there again, to take a walk, and absorb the calmness of it all.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment