Saturday, March 17, 2007

Smashing Plates, Running Boys

We had a massive foodfight in KH yesterday. And by massive, I mean huge. The whole school got involved. Probably about 400 people.. It started out slowly. Some people were throwing bread rolls and plums to the dayboys, who were 50 metres away. They responded, and responded big. Things took up pace, and as soon as I picked up and threw an orange, there was this 10 seconds of chaos when everything was just a massive blur and things got really nasty.

You could hear plates smashing and see bowls flying. For a few seconds I was a bit scared. Really. It was chaotic. Some people said they saw me throwing a (glass) bowl of rice, which I'm sure I didn't. If that rumour gets around, I'm gonna get into trouble.

After that ten seconds, everyone just bailed amidst the flying plums and oranges. It took us longer to run out the door because we we furthest away from any exits. So I literally had to barge my way out. I was stepping on foodstuff and trays along the way.

Back at the house, our housemaster told us to go back to KH and help clean up. Which we did. But we got back to the house pretty soon because there was enough people there.

Back at the house, again, our housemaster calld in all the sixth formers for an emergency meeting. He was asking people who were involved to own up and admit. I did. Geo did. And Sam did.

He asked us why we did it. All I said was "I was in the same situation as Sam. I got hit by something, I didn't even know what it was, and I just picked up an orange and threw in the direction where it came from."

We got gated for the night. Not bad, I guess. I didn't really have any plans that night. Wanted to go to the Churchill's house play, but can always go tonight. Sam was pissed off with the housemaster. He was saying "Sir, I don't understand this. You want to encourage honesty by punishing us? I don't get it." He argued a little more with the housemaster.

I feel sorry for him. Everyone who was involved should've felt obligated to own up and admit. I was imvolved only partly, but I owned up. Sam only threw a bread roll. He owned up. There were people who did much worse who didn't own up..

This picture is from when were cleaning KH..



Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment