Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hating Persons, Wishing Impossibilities

I had just watched Rise Against’s ‘Ready To Fall’ video yesterday. And it really made a great impact on me. The video itself was very powerful, sad and eye-opening. If you haven’t seen in, please do. It’s in my multiply videos page, titled ‘Rise Against – Ready To Fall.’ Trust me, it’ll be one of the most eye-opening four minutes you’ll have in your life. I’m sorry if I sound like I’m exaggerating, but I can’t say I think I am.

If you have any conscience or sympathy at all, you’ll curse at our own cruelty towards animals, and our recklessness with our very own planet. If you don’t feel anything after watching the video, I’m sorry to say you’re a heartless bastard.


I have to confess, I cried after watching this video for a few times. For four minutes I actually hated everyone in the world who didn’t make an effort to make this stop. Everyone, and that includes you. I’m sorry if you’re offended, but that’s how I felt for four minutes. Hating every single fur-wearing, meat-eating person on Earth. Don’t worry. I’ve calmed down. I understand it’s not easy to give up meat. We were born and bred as carnivores. I just hope people would make some effort in at least one little way or another. I in my small little way have contributed by turning myself vegetarian. And so have some people I know. I’m willing to contribute more to this, especially after watching the video. I have a long way to go before I can be a true environmentalist, or vegan. But I’m striving towards it.

Rise Against, by the way, has to be a band I respect more than most, by a mile. I have never seen such conviction from a band to stand up for the Earth. If you haven’t listened to any of their albums, pick up ‘Siren Song of The Counter Culture’ and ‘The Sufferer & The Witness.’

“Real revelation begins at learning. If you’re not angry, you’re not paying attention.” - Tim McIlrath, vocalist for Rise Against

“The names of radicals are rarely etched in marble, but burn eternally in the hearts of man” – Saul Alinsky

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment