Thursday, March 22, 2007

Waiting Smiles, Faking Lines

I have just realised, I've not had a proper blog entry in quite a while. It's either a blog about vegetarianism and veganism, or the story-in-progress I'm doing right now. So, just to vary the monotony of things, I decided to blog about what have been going on today.

Not much...

Except...

I was supposed to have a five minutes meeting with my tutor, Mr Fanning, which turned into a three-hour run-around. When I got to his office, it wasn't bad. My reports were good, except for the fact that I can be quiet in class (yes, I am quiet in class :P I listen a lot more than most people. Hahaha) and that Mr Woodling (the pyromaniac tennis-freak who likes to think he's a chemistry teacher) thinks I'm not pushing myself hard enough. I got either a four or five out of five on each of the bars on every subject, except Mr Woodling's bar for progress. He said mine was just satisfactory. Which is rubbish. I've not really progressed much at all in Chemistry. I might give up Chemistry next year. And take AS Theatre Studies. Should be fun :D

The meeting with Mr Marshall about Oxbridge English was fun (note: sarcasm is defined as a sharply ironical taunt, sneering or cutting remark, often with a tinge of irony). He basically said (after reading along the lines) that I should give up and look for other universities. Or that I should read two thousand books for the next year before the interview. The thing is, one thing that is going for me is the fact that I've got so much potential. Even though I haven't read as much as the other lads, I argue and make critical points better than most in my essays. And that's before considering I didn't take literature for O' Levels. Well, that could work for or against me. Mostly against me, I assume.

UCL maybe? AAA... Durham, Warwich... AAA... I'm fairly confident I could get AAA. Seriously, I do. I'm doing pretty well in English. Pure Maths and Mechanics is just a cruise. Physics needs a bit of work, but an A is not that out of reach. I'm doubtful about Chemistry... Anyway, if I don't get AAA, please do taunt me and make fun out of me. That'll teach me a lesson for being overconfident. Ho ho. Ha.

What I need now is sleep. No, I can't. I gotta pack. Moving houses is just a bit of a bother, really. Just as I was getting comfortabe with my ensuite (if that's how you spell it) and my private little space, I have to move out. Probably into a double. And certainly with no ensuite.

And oh. I got into the finals of the David Harrison competition. I don't know if I should be bummed or happy. A mixture of both, I guess. What was essentially two hours of PowerPoint work and research (all the material is from just one website :P ) turned to be one of the best seven Maths presentations in the school. Hahahahahaha

What am I doing?! I should be getting back to the house right now and stuff all my stuff (ho ho, redundancy check) into that tiny little bag and turn on some aggressive punk rock music. Ha ha. Ho.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment