Saturday, March 3, 2007

Just a random blog about CDs. A few lists really.. I’ve just started buying CDs in the past few months. Original CDs, that is. I used to buy bootlegs quite often in Brunei. Now I don’t think I can bring myself to do that. These guys make decent music for a living. Who are we to steal it from them for our own pleasure?

These are CDs I wish to get in the future. If you’re nice enough, you can buy them for me :P Haha

[ ] Explosions In The Sky – All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone
[ ] Yndi Halda – Enjoy Eternal Bliss
[ ] Lamb Of God – Sacrament
[ ] Chimaira – Resurrection
[ ] Gallows – Orchestra Of Wolves
[ ] The Ghost Of A Thousand – This Is Where The Fight Begins
[ ] Comeback Kid – Broadcasting…
[ ] I Killed The Prom Queen – Music For The Recently Deceased
[ ] Sounds Like Violence – With Blood On My Hands
[ ] Isis – In The Absence Of Truth
[ ] Planes Mistaken For Stars – Mercy
[ ] Kylesa – Time Will Fuse Its Worth
[ ] Battle Of Mice – A Day Of Nights
[ ] Teeth Of The Hydra – Greenland
[ ] Burning Skies – Desolation
[ ] These Arms Are Snakes – Easter
[ ] Cancer Bats – Birthing The Giant
[ ] The Devil Wears Prada – Dear Love: A Beautiful Discord
[ ] Mendeed – The Dead Live By Love
[ ] The Gorgeous – Great Lakes
[ ] Ultra Dolphins – Mar
[ ] Trivium – The Crusade
[ ] Mastodon – Blood Mountain

Albums I got since I got here {UK) in September 2006, up till now:

Lostprophets – Liberation Transmission [8/10]
Coheed And Cambria – Good Apollo, I’m Burning Star IV, Vol. 1 [9]
Coheed And Cambria – The Second Stage: Turbine Blade [8]
Coheed And Cambria – In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 [8]
Deftones – Adrenaline [7]
Deftones – Around The Fur [7]
Deftones – White Pony [8]
Taking Back Sunday – Louder Now [7]
System Of A Down – System Of A Down [8]
Mew – And The Glass Handed Kites [7]
Funeral For A Friend – Casually Dressed And Deep In Conversation [8]
Funeral For A Friend – Hours [9]
Billy Talent – Billy Talent [8]
Billy Talent – Billy Talent [9]
Angels And Airwaves – You Don’t Need To Whisper [6]
Jimmy Eat World – Clarity [6]
Jimmy Eat World – Static Prevails [6]
The Ataris – So Long, Astoria [7]
Incubus – Morning View [7]
MTV2 Headbangers’ Ball: The Revenge [8]
AFI – Decemberunderground [8]
New Found Glory – Coming Home [9]
Deftones – B-Sides & Rarities [8]
Deftones- Saturday Night Wrist [9]
Lacuna Coil – Karmacode [8]
Tenacious D – The Pick Of Destiny [6]
Deftones – Deftones [8]
He Is Legend – Suck Out The Poison [8]
Incubus – Light Grenades [9]
Rage Against The Machine – The Battle Of Los Angeles [7]
+44 – When Your Heart Stops Beating [7]
Coheed And Cambria – Live At The Starland Ballroom [6]
The Blood Brothers – Young Machetes [8]
Alexisonfire – Crisis [9]
Bloc Party – A Weekend In The City [10]
Capdown – Wind Up Toys [9]
Aereogramme – My Heart Has A Wish That You Would Not Go [9]
The Academy Is… - Almost Here [7]

Some of these are old albums, but who cares. Great music is still great music no matter how old they are. If you check carefully, you’ll know I’ve changed some of my ratings, for example, Billy Talent’s ‘Billy Talent II’ got a 3 out of 5 in my review. Now I’ve given it a 9 out of 10. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. I’ll update this from time to time. To include new CDs I will have bought. And trust me, I buy a lot of CDs.

These are my top twenty songs this week:

[1] Alexisonfire – We Are The End
[2] Rise Against – Prayer Of The Refugee
[3] Aereogrammes – Nightmares
[4] Yndi Halda – Dash And Blast
[5] Bloc Party – Hunting For Witches
[6] Isis - Dulcinea
[7] Deftones - Xerces
[8] Billy Talent – Perfect World
[9] Capdown – Surviving The Death Of A Genre
[10] He Is Legend – The Widow Of Magnolia
[11] Incubus – Oil & Water
[12] Vallenbrosa – The Hessian
[13] Adequate Seven – Gotta Stay Focused
[14] Airholes – My Epiphany On The Rebound
[15] The Audition – Don’t Be So Hard
[16] Lo – So Julie
[17] The Blood Brothers – Camouflage, Camouflage
[18] Captain Everything! – There Is No ‘I’ In Scene
[19] No Use For A Name – Friends Of The Enemy
[20] Rage Against The Machine – Take The Power Back

My top ten bands:

[1] Rise Against
[2] System Of A Down
[3] Coheed & Cambria
[4] Alexisonfire
[5] Deftones
[6] Billy Talent
[7] Incubus
[8] Bloc Party
[9] Rage Against The Machine
[10] Aereogramme

Worst ten bands. According to me. No offence to anyone who likes them. I used to like them too. But urm.. Now, I just don’t. For a few reasons..

[1] My Chemical Romance
[2] Fall Out Boy
[3] Evanescence
[4] Panic! At The Disco
[5] Good Charlotte
[6] Simple Plan
[7] Limp Bizkit
[8] Hoobastank
[9] Papa Roach
[10] Bowling For Soup

Bands that I hated (-ish) and now like:

[1] Lacuna Coil
[2] Trivium
[3] Lamb Of God
[4] Green Day
[5] Our Lady Peace

Bands that I liked and now hate/dislike:

[1] My Chemical Romance
[2] Good Charlotte
[3] Fall Out Boy
[4] Evanescence
[5] Hoobastank

Most overrated band:

[1] My Chemical Romance
[2] Fall Out Boy
[3] Panic! At The Disco
[4] Simple Plan
[5] Evanescence

Most underrated band:

[1] Rise Against
[2] Aereogramme
[3] New Found Glory
[4] Deftones
[5] Alexisonfire

Worst band name:

[1] The Devil Wears Prada
[2] My Chemical Romance
[3] Insane Clown Posse
[4] Dragonforce
[5] Cute Is What We Aim For

Best band name:

[1] Rise Against
[2] Angels & Airwaves
[3] Abigail Williams
[4] Deftones
[5] The Academy Is…

Worst song title:

[1] The Devil Wears Prada – Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over
[2] I Killed The Prom Queen – Your Shirt Would Look Better With A Columbian Necktie
[3] Lostprophets – Can’t Stop, Gotta Date With Hate
[4] Alexisonfire – Keep It On Wax
[5] AFI – The Rabbits Are Roadkill On Route 36

I’m just having fun here.. Haha. Making more and more lists..

Best song title. Some of the titles, you have to hear the song to know why:

[1] Rise Against – The Approaching Curve
[2] Jimmy Eat World – Lucky Denver Mint
[3] Alexisonfire – This Could Be Anywhere In The World
[4] Airholes - For You It's The Biggest Day Of Your Life, For Me It's Tuesday
[5] Bloc Party – Hunting For Witches

People I like to see fight against each other:

[1] Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance) vs Kerry King (Slayer)
[2] Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) vs Shawn Crahan (Clown of Slipknot)
[3] Amy Lee (Evanescence) vs The Donnas
[4] Simple Plan vs Godzilla
[5] Panic! At The Disco vs Freddy Krueger, Jason & the monster from Jeepers Creepers

Bands that deserve and have gained my respect:

[1] Rage Against The Machine
[2] Rise Against
[3] Deftones
[4] System Of A Down
[5] Trivium

Bands I wished I didn’t use to like, and kill myself before I do again:

[1] Simple Plan
[2] Avril Lavigne
[3] Good Charlotte
[4] Fall Out Boy
[5] Evanescence

Bands I wish I had liked, so I can say, “Yeah, I liked them before they got really big”

[1] Trivium
[2] Lamb Of God
[3] Mastodon
[4] Bullet For My Valentine
[5] Dragonforce

Bands I had liked before they got really, really big. Now everyone just likes them, which is annoying. Haha

[1] Lostprophets
[2] Jimmy Eat World
[3] System Of A Down
[4] Incubus
[5] All-American Rejects

I can’t understand the hype about:

[1] The Fratellis
[2] Muse
[3] My Chemical Romace
[4] Jamie T.
[5] Evanescence

Asian bands that I do like:

[1] Lo (Malaysia)
[2] Love Me Butch (Malaysia)
[3] Sheila On 7 (Indonesia)
[4] Airholes (Brunei)
[5] [H8] (Brunei)

And Asian bands that I don’t:

[1] Padi (Indonesia)
[2] Flop Poppy (Malaysia)
[3] Spider (Malaysia)
[4] Ada Band (Indonesia)
[5] Peter Pan (Indonesia)

Local Bruneians bands I’d like to know more about and listen more to:

[1] Airholes
[2] Draconaeon
[3] Chomp Bucket
[4] Senjakala
[5] [H8]

Pop (or anything outside rock, really) stars I can stand (and like, in some cases)

[1] Joss Stone
[2] Eminem
[3] John Legend
[4] Gnarls Barkley
[5] Moby

And those I can’t stand:

[1] 50 Cent
[2] Britney Spears
[3] Pussycat Dolls
[4] Hilary Duff
[5] Paris Hilton

Okay. That’s a massive list of lists I’ve put on there. I know some of them are pretty harsh, and outright disrespectful. But that’s just me giving my opinion on which bands I like and I don’t like. I don’t mean to offend anyone. And I don’t mean to make fun of other people’s musical preferences. I don’t mind if you like My Chemical Romance or Simple Plan. Just don’t expect me to join in when you’re discussing whether Gerard Way should’ve never dyed his hair or if Simple Plan is the best punk band ever (oh hell, no).

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment