Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Heroes & Hindsight

Right now I'm supposed to be cheery and smiling, I should think. Since tomorrow is my last day of school for this year, I shouldn't really have a care in the world. But the fact of the matter is, I still have two courseworks to hand in for tomorrow, and although both of them are nearly finished, the last parts are usually the ones that take the most time.

Honestly, coursework doesn't really bother me. They're both quite easy anyways.

WHat's really bothering me is the headache and the sore throat, both of which combine to give me one hell of a day. I barely had the energy to walk back to the house during lunch. And bloody hell, it was fucking cold. If there's one thing I won't miss about England, it's the fucking weather. You get the sense that the weather is a power struggle between sunshine and the infamous English drizzle.

I haven't got much to talk about. It's pretty mundane, the things that happen at the end of term. There're talks of us doing C4 and S1/M2 in January, so that by then, we would've finished our Maths syllabus, and thus granting us much-needed PRs (personal reading time during lessons, or as we would like to call it, personal recreation). Other than that, it's the usual stuff.

I like what we're gonna do for English next year. I'm excited about the poetry. We're doing Milton's Paradise Lost, Book 9 and 10. It's gonna be exciting since it's about the devil's rebellion against God before and after the creation of Adam & Eve. Reading Book 1, Satan comes out almost as a tragic hero and a military figure as the leader of the fallen angels. It sounds interesting. Not that I'm a Satanist or anything. Hahaha.

Going around the house (especially the sixth-form) is Mario Kart 64 fever, which is weird since the game is already quite old. It's not to say it's not fun anymore. Even I got into it. But I truly and honestly suck at it.

Apparently there's gonna be an outdoor rock concert in school right after I've already left, which kinda sucks. I'd like to see some of my friends rockin' out.

Okay. Enough of my random ramblings.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment