Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Exclusive: The Xcerts Acoustic Session

I've got another excellent acoustic session with you on the blog. This time it's with Scottish rockers, The Xcerts. I managed to catch them at the Leeds leg of their Rock Sound Tour with Dinosaur Pile-Up and Japanese Voyeurs. Enjoy the video:

The Xcerts - Carnival Time

I first saw The Xcerts at Southsea Fest 2009, a gig in which their bassist was absent because of some injury I, for the life of me, can't remember. Despite his absence, and despite not having heard The Xcerts before, I came out of that gig a fan of their brand of alt rock.

Since then I've managed to catch them live a couple of times with a complete line-up, and with every performance they seem to be getting better. Possessing anthemic rock sensibilities and melancholic, darkly subtle lyrics, The Xcerts's second album Scatterbrain came out last year to widespread critical acclaim. It also earned a spot on this blog's Top 50 Albums of 2010.

The Xcerts - Scatterbrain

Videos of their live show at The Cockpit later that night after the JUMP.

The Xcerts - Distant Memory

The Xcerts - Hurt With Me

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment