Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Exaggeration Of Underachievement

Okay, I have achieved something monumentally great, it deserves a statue of epic proportions, an allegory so unsubtle that future generations will immediately understand the epic scale of my achievement.

I have written a 3,000-word essay, last minute, in what was essentially less than three hours. And I've managed to get a B (rather than a D+, like on my last one), which is the highest in the set (surprisingly).

Obviously it's not an A, but it's still rather pleasing.

Sure, I exaggerated in the first paragraph of this blog, but you could not imagine how much I was grinning on the inside when I was looking at the essay after being given it back. And my introduction was read out loud as being one of the best.

Ah, yes. The small things in life. I almost gave up on this coursework. I thought I could never get a B, never mind an A. And yet, in the first draft, I managed to get a B from the harshest (yet fair) marker I've known in my entire life. I reckon with a little more work, I could get an A in this easily.

Good day today. Played Squash with my housemates. Though I lost 10 out of 12 games, I still had fun. Some of the shots I made were absolutely amazing. Clive and Lowco, who both beat me 4-0, even admitted it. My two wins were against Fudge, and he wasn't terribly good. We drew 2-2.

I should go out and play sports more. Hahaha. Lose a little bit of my tummy. What will Pill say about that? :P

Meeting my pill soon.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment