Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm Here

I'm here, aren't I?"

Yes, you are. And you always will be.

You are a lasting memory that will never be forgotten. The sheer thought of not having you pains me, but the prospect of losing memories of you or your friendship pains me greater. I will indulge myself in this pain, for it is much sweeter a wound than one of forgetfulness and lovelessness.

"Talk to me. Aren't you happy I'm here?"

Ah, yes. I am. Nothing could make me any happier than I am now. Just your presence here soothes me greatly.

"Why aren't you saying anything?"

I just want to hear you voice. It is the most beautiful sound in the world. No symphony could match the intensity of which your voice excites me.

"I'm leaving."

I have to say something.

"Wait. I-"

"Yes...?"

"I need to be alone. Go away."

No comments:

Post a Comment