Friday, July 25, 2008

Miniscule Expectations

I'm sorry. I think this week is dedicated to the brilliance of The Dark Knight.

I mean, I had high expectations for this film. Really, really high expectations. But those expectations were nothing compared to what Christopher Nolan gave us. He's a visionary. On imdb.com, the wikipedia of film, The Dark Knight ranks #1 above both the Godfather films, The Shawshank Redemption, and all the Lord Of The Ring films. And the difference in overall rating between The Dark Knight and its closest follower, The Godfather, is 0.3. Considering that in the top 250, the difference is only 1.5, then you realise how big a gap that is.

I'm trying to move on from The Dark Knight, but it's hard. Haha. Never has such a film captivated me. The last two were The Pursuit Of Happyness and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. Lord Of The Ring is such an epic trilogy, but I cannot watch it again without thinking how much of it I have left to watch. But with The Dark Knight, even with it's 2 and a half hour running time (which is miniscule compared to Return Of The King's mammoth 4 hours) I feel no hesitation in wanting to watch it again.

I think the only way to get over this is watch another amazing film. My best bet is Wall-E. Apparently Pixar has managed to top their previous animated films like Finding Nemo and Toy Story. People describe Wall-E as a mixture of a romance, comedy and science fiction. And a very good one at that.

It's been a while since I last saw a very good animated film. Ratatouille maybe? Maybe even as far back as The Incredibles.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment