Saturday, July 5, 2008

Regretless We Leave


Yesterday's train journey was one of the most emotional train journeys in my two years here. It was my last as a Salopian. Now I'm... Well, the term is Old Salopian...

I had time to contemplate and reminisce my two years in Shrewsbury School and concentrate it into three hours. And after three hours, it all got left in a piece of tissue I left on the table.


Sentiments aside, Shrewsbury is a great school. It's not a purely academic school. It's a very good all-round institution that excels in everything.

Sentiments embraced, the people are welcoming, there are no cliques, and the atmosphere is brilliant. We are as prepared to play as hard - or harder - as we work.

I came to my first and last ever school Chapel service yesterday. Listening to the hymns and the choir, it was different. Sitting underneath the colorful arches that highlight the vibrancy and life of the people under it, I knew this wasn't any school. The experience wasn't at all religious, but something more... I don't know. It just felt... Different.

I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to my year, especially Geo and Clive. We've had some crazy times together. Times I'll miss.

I leave the school, feeling a sense of loss, of knowing that many of my friends I'll never see again. But I know, some of the friendships will last a lifetime. Hate to sound corny, but hey, I can't help myself.

Maybe next time.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment