Monday, August 11, 2008

Honey Cakes and Muffin Pies

I like comfortable silences. Not those awkward silences where you're frantically looking for something to say in your mind, while trying to keep your cool on the outside. Nobody likes awkward silences.

They say when you can just look at someone's eyes and stay comfortably silent, then that's special. I guess it must be. It doesn't happen very often with me. I must say, I'm a fan of conversations. So when I'm having a conversation that's interjected with comfortable silences, that's infinitely more special. Knowing that you don't need to say a word, yet there's still some kind of unspoken connection between the two of you. It truly is amazing to have found a person I can share that with.

It's funny that on this blog, I never really talk about her. Only fleeting mentions. Never an entry dedicated to her. Well, knowing me, really, it's not at all surprising.

Okay, some of you will be bored to death of this. But a tiny minority will have the patience or the romantic virus in them to read to the end.

I love how easy it is for her to fit in with my friends. And she loves it too. I guess it's also got to do with the fact that we're very comfortable with each other, and I'm very comfortable with my friends, so just leaping over one link, it's easy for both parties. She says my friends are 'effortless', meaning that she didn't feel intimidated, and she didn't feel the need to impress them, as they made her feel comfortable being a part of the group.

And it's amazing that she immediately felt at ease with Fee's family. That night at Soto Babu when me, Pill (that's her), Fee and her family went out and had ambuyat together, she was really just being herself. There was no or very little awkwardness there. And that was the first time.

I love how on the outside she is so bubbly and hyper, but on the inside she is this mature person who has a realistic view of relationships. I guess that's what we both are, realists. We aren't romantics. We don't celebrate monthsaries, six-monthsaries or anything like that. Maybe our first anniversary (haha), but that's a few months away. I'm not dissing anyone who does. I think it's sweet. But it's not for us.

The 'L' word is almost non-existent in our daily conversations. We have the same opinion on that. Saying it too much devalues it to the point of insincerity. To the point of worthlessness, where it becomes as cliche as 'good night' or even just 'hello.'

We don't have this conventional chauvinistic relationship where a guy has to do this and the girl has to do that. Y'know, when the guy has to be the gentleman and pay for the bill, and little things like that. We're not restrictive of each other. We don't have (metaphorical) leashes around each other's neck. Though we are a couple, we know that we are both still individuals who have our own personalities and differences. So I can just honestly say to her I don't like one of her shirts because it's ugly to me, or she can honestly say that she doesn't like this band I recommended to her because she thinks it sounds too emo. That honesty is refreshing. I don't have to lie about how perfect her face is (because let's face it, my face is much smoother. Haha. Never mind that it's rounder though. Haha) or anything like that. But then that's why I'm with her. Someone once said you like people for their good points, but you fall for them for their imperfections.

I call her Sleeping Pill, because I used to tell her she makes me fall asleep when on the phone. Haha. And she calls me Boo, because I look like a boo (a mujahid johar that has a stubble on its chin), not because 'You're my boo' as in boo the slang for partner. Heh. Our terms of endearment aren't actually endearing at all. Haha. Maybe we should just comply with cliches and go with baby or sayang or honey. Haha. Or, or. Honeycakes or muffinpie. Yay.

On a different note, I'm trying to install Linux Ubuntu on my laptop (well, with all its faults, it's become a desktop now. You try bringing a 22-inch monitor to Coffee Bean) when I realised that I had to create two partitions for it. Since I only have 120gb of space, I didn't have much space left after being used by things like music and applications. Okay. Right now I have two primary partitions.

One is being used by Windows, all its applications and my documents (~60gb with about 10gb free). The other is for my music (~53gb with about 100mb free). Yes, I have too much music.

The problem is I can't partition the one with windows, because I still need Windows. So I deleted all my music. Don't worry, I back up my music quite frequently. In my external hard drive I have about 65gb of music, that's about 14,000 files.

But then after I freed up that partition to be partitioned again into two, I realised that it means I have to use my external hard drive to play music, which would be such a hassle. So I cancelled my Ubuntu installation and am now copying back my music to my laptop. Never mind that I don't have enough memory to copy all of it. So now I have to be selective of my music. Huhu.

I need a new laptop. With at least 17 inches and 300gb hard drive. And oh, can also play Guitar Hero III.

And an iPod Classic so I can bring all my 14,000 songs with me. Right now I'm borrowing Farah's 4gb iPod Nano, with its glittery green Accessorize case that totally goes with my manly ego and animal masculinity.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment