Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Inevitable Comedy

I was tagged by Mai and Pill. Sorry it's so late, it's not easy to find fifteen weird things about myself, okay. Heh.

the three rules:

* State 15 weird things/habits/little known facts about yourself
* The 10 people I tag are to then to follow what i did and write their own 15 weird things/habits and little known facts.
* No tag backs

Here we go:


1) My hair had a fan club. It consisted if three girls who were two years my senior. They had photos of my hair as the wallpaper for their mobile phones. I’m not even joking. And oh, a lot of hairdressers have complained about how tiring it is to cut my hair when it is at its fullest. A lot half-jokingly asked for double or triple the usual pay. Sometimes out of pity I give them a tip.
2) I once thought that the tampon was the female version of the condom. Haha. That was so embarrassing.
3) My right eyelid is slower than my left. You can see it when I look up and down really quickly. Pill pointed this out about a month ago. She thinks it’s hilarious.
4) My most politically-incorrect nickname is Brown Bear. Taken from Turk of Scrubs, it was given to me by my housemate, Clive. Other weird nicknames include M&M (Muhammad Mujahid) given by the army cadets I was with, and Jason (from Jay). All three nicknames – thankfully – never stuck. I also played a character called Black Caesar for the house play, I think because I was the closest thing to a black person in the house (Hahaha). Which is again, politically incorrect.
5) My record for a headstand is 13 minutes. I could’ve gone on for longer, but I had to stop because some of my friends were worried because my eyes were getting so red because of all the blood flowing to my head. It was when I was a self-proclaimed B-Boy. We all were. Too Phat was the thing of the moment, and everyone was doing headstands, handstands, freezes, worms and stuff. Truth is, we weren’t that good. We were amateurs who knew only the simple basics.
6) I can write in mirror-image, upside-down or even both at the same time. It’s a skill I learnt in class when I already knew I was leaving for the UK.
7) In my family, both my parents are left-handed. But all of my siblings, me included, are all right-handed. Yet both me and my second brother wear our watches on our right wrist, which is unusual. Most righties wear their watches on their left wrist. In football, I can use both feet to kick the ball, though I dribble mostly with my right.
8) I used to specifically collect Coca Cola Light bottle caps. I managed to collect about 200-300 caps in less than a year.
9)I can sleep just fine with very loud music. When Linkin Park first came out, I used their songs as lullabies to help me sleep. When there’s unwanted noise outside like construction work, I just put on my music out loud and go to sleep.
10) As a kid, I used to love collecting sports shoes and football shirts. I’d find excuses to buy new shoes, like “I need them for basketball” or “my old futsal shoes are worn out.” I loved the feeling of coming to school with a brand new pair of Nike shoes. As a guy, I have an abnormally high number of shoes. Everytime I go to London (or anywhere else for the weekend), I always bring at least three pair of shoes and a pair of flip flops with me.
11) 13 is my ‘lucky’ number, just because I’m not superstitious. I wanna show people how bogus superstitions are.
12) In the first metal gig I went, the vocalist puked in front of me. And I didn’t even notice it until someone told me afterwards.
13) Which reminds me. Emma Watson has seen me. I didn’t see her. Confused? I was in Headington Girls School (she’s in the same year as me for A-Levels), and we barged into the computer room while there was a parents-teachers meeting. Emma Watson and her parents were there, and they asked us to leave because we were ‘disturbing.’ Only after we left did Farah and Zeerah told me it was Emma Watson.
14) I’m a vegetarian
15) And I’m hungry.


I'm not tagging anyone. I don't have enough friends to tag. Haha. Ha. Ha.

Signing out

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. jay..dude..i remember those times when we were the so-called b-boys in our college, man..we were such a disaster. break-dancing at our usual spots and the surau especially. I still have the pictures..u and your headstand. Nonetheless, i'll regard ourselves as an art piece doin some formations here and there (if we look at it vie bird views).

    on the other hand, i never knew that u were a vegetarian. since when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since late 2006, really. Haha. I made it my 2007 new year resolution.

    Breakdancing in the surau. Wow. I remember that so clearly. Heh.

    ReplyDelete