Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Twenty-First Epiphany

So. I'm twenty-one. Now what?

What does it feel to be twenty-one, asks one of my friends. Well, it's good to know I'm legal in the states, I said half-jokingly.

This is one of the best gifts I've ever had:
No. Not the case, you idiot. Though I must admit it's a very nice Belkin case. It's what's inside that matters:
iPod Touch!

Yes. It's a brand new iPod touch, and with 32gb of memory I can take half my music with me everywhere! That's so fucking awesome. I've got sick of just having less than 10% of my music collection with me on my phone. It sucks. It's annoying.

Now I can fully utilise my Bose headphones. And distract myself in lessons with stupidly addictive tilt games. And go online on campus. I love this little thing. And I love Pill for getting this for me.

What's been on my earphones? Williams Fitzsimmons. Beautiful voice. Something you wouldn't expect coming from a face full of hair. And a beanie hat. And an ugly brown blazer.



William Fitzsimmons - It's Not True

Just chill-out music with a tinge of sunshine melancholy.

Yes, I'm discovering tons of music from people I've never even heard of before. James Yuill anyone? Ore Ska Band? Peter Broderick?

Don't ask me how I find my music. Sometimes I don't know myself either. It's not like I intentionally try to. Sometimes I find an artist I really like, look for his/her music, and end up hours later discovering a folk ska band that got disbandeed thirty years ago.

Get your head out of the mainstream. That's where most of the shit music get played. Some of them are good. But chances are, you're better off finding yourself music that you really like, rather than some mass-produced, mass-marketed nonsense trying to cater to as many people as they possibly can.

Singing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment