Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Blakfish Are Immense


I'm very, very tempted to go to Blakfish's show at Fibbers this Sunday. Every single one of the three Blakfish gigs I've been to has been absolutely fucking mental. Should I make it four?


Blakfish - Ringo Starr: The 2nd Best Drummer In The Beatles



I never heard of them before my first time I saw them live. I went to the gig because it was a Christmas party and Tubelord was performing. Colour were also there, and it was my first time seeing them as well, and, unknown to me at the time, the last time I will ever see them perform again. That Kingston gig was one of the best gigs I've been to, ever. Colour, Tubelord and Blakfish in a zebra-striped claustrophobic cauldron of sound. The energy of the bands and the crowd were immense.


The second occasion would be September this year, in Southsea Fest. Post-hardcore at its best, Blakfish absolutely killed the show with their crazy riffs and a sweaty, sweaty frontman. The show was on top of my list at the Fest along with Tubelord and Tellison.


The most recent was at Brainwash Festival IV, and this was also absolutely fucking crazy. The crowd poured onto the stage, singing the words with full force and invading the performing space. Intense, immense, intimate and epic.



Bands like Blakfish are reasons why I prefer intimate venues to arenas. Intimacy is the word here. You don't feel like you're watching a show. You feel like you're part of the show. Of course only a few bands can make you feel that. And Blakfish is one of those bands.

Signing out

Over and out

----------------
Now playing: Blakfish - Jeremy Kyle Is a Marked Man
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment