Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Assassinations From A Cup




Target: Rich Wang (Churchill's) Status:Eliminated
Time of Death:Between 0730-0800, 11/03/08 Weapon Used:Orange Juice

The Assassins tournament has started. It's that season again, when all the upper sixth get silly by lobbing glasses of water and shooting with water guns all around the school site.

I was drawn against Rich Wang in the first round. Not that I had any idea who it was when I found out. But my housemates pointed out who it was, and I was already trying to figure out a plan to assassinate him, before he assassinates me.

The first round started at 0000 hours, and will end at 1500 hours today. I have eliminated my target. So has a few people. Some even stayed up till the early hours of the morning to sneak in and assassinate their own targets. The people who stayed in their rooms barricaded their doors, or exchanged beds with other people. I kept a water gun on the side of the bed, and installed a make-shift alarm on my door that consisted of simply a chair, a rubbish bin, and a trolley bag.

The night went well. No attacks. I slept well. But Sam Waterworth who's a housemate of mine, got assassinated by Welshie, a guy from Ridgemount. This morning in breakfast, Peter Stewart assassinated Nick Carling in KH with a bottle of water.

Mine was next. I was looking at Churchill's way all the way through breakfast. Rich Wang had not come yet. But when he came, he saw me too. He had a bottle of water in his hand. So did I. But it was a delicate situation. Going in for the kill would almost be suicide. It's easier when you're chased but you're aware of it. So it had to be timed perfectly. And I timed mine brilliantly.

There were two tables inbetween us. They were empty. But then some Oldham's lower sixths filled in one of the tables, and he lost concentration for a bit. In that twenty-second window, I sneaked towards him, with a glass of orange juice in my left hand and a bottle of water in my right. The plan of attack was to use the orange juice as a diversion, as a fake attack, and then when he is trying to avoid the orange juice I would squirt him with the bottle of water.

But he didn't notice I was coming at all. So it was unnecessary of me to use the orange juice. But I forgot. So I spilled the orange juice all over his jacket, and walked back to the table. Mission accomplished. He was not happy.

Next round starts in a few hours. Most probably some time tomorrow.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment