Tuesday, November 6, 2007

To The Fields, The Stars Are Falling

I was reading Dae's blog, and yes, I guess everyone can relate to that sense of having to meet high expectations and work hard at this stage of your life. I may not be a hardworker, but I really take my English very seriously.

Now I'm supposed to spend over six hours on just one essay (1000-1500 words). And there's about an essay every week. I've put in so much work into these essays. I've read tonnes of critics, analysis and contextual history, just to be given a C or D for my efforts. For my first essay, I borrowed five books from the library for research. It's stupidly tough. I don't think I'm suited to hard work. Or for that matter, hours upon hours of research. I know that this will ultimately prepare me for university, but jeez.

I did so well last year. I got two A's and a B for my three English modules, and for Shakespeare, I got full marks. But that didn't involve much inout of contextual history and opinions of other critics. Most of it was your own critical analysis. This year, you have to be bothered with other critics. And oh, the context. Oh jeez. Suddenly I have to learn about Arminianism, Anti-Trinitarianism, radical puritanical movements, and other multi-syllabled words and phrases that are actually more complicated than they sound, which is saying something.

I need a break. I really do. I'm not used to all this hard work. Hahahaha.

Admittedly, my timetable is quite relaxed. I've got about 12 PRs a week, and Chemistry and Maths are beef subjects. At least for me anyway. They're subjects that can be revised and learned at the last minute. Not a good habit, but it usually works for me. That is, when I'm in a working mood, which admittedly, is rare.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment