Monday, November 12, 2007

Zero To Twenty With An Overnight Conversion

I don't know why I get depressed over the fact that I've turned twenty. Maybe it's because in school I'm two or three years older than everyone else. Maybe it's the fact that by definition, I'm not a teenager anymore. Or maybe I think suddenly being in the twenties makes me think that I might just have to grow up a little bit and make more effort for the future.

Whatever it is, I still had a great 20th birthday.

It was a surprise as well, because as much as they love me (hahaha), I don't think they'd travel all the way to isolated Shrewsbury just so they could celebrate it. But they did. Thanks Farah, Adeylah, Desiree, Kimy, Adi and Ajeeratul for coming. And also for the Shrewsbury guys, Kamillin, Adry, Mubin, Wafi and Chiao, for well, being in Shrewsbury anyways. Hahahaha.

If you wanna see the photos from that day, click here for my album, and click here for Farah's.

I thought that Saturday (we celebrated a day late) would have no more surprises after the Headington girls and the Oswestry girls left, but I was wrong.



I had joked with my housemates (Geo specifically) that for my birthday he was supposed to get me 52 virgins, one for every week of the year. This is kinda an ongoing joke, this whole virgin thing. Don't worry about the details. Hahaha.

Anyways, what they did was, right after we left my room to go to Ridgemount, Geo covered everything in my room with as many red bedsheets as he could find, and he also covered my light with the bedsheet, so it had this really creepy red light effect. In the photo, you can't see it because I took it off, and I had cleared some of it up. And what else, he spent a good half an hour sticking 52 photocopied photos of Sir Richard Branson, the CEO of Virgin. Quite clever, I think. Hahahaha.



Being used to this kind of stuff from Geo, the first thing I said was 'that's actually really cool.' I wasn't angry or anything. I guess it was too good a day for me to actually mind a little prank. Then again, it's a chance for me to totally get back at him.

Oh, well. Surprises, surprises. You could never get enough of them.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment