Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Malenky Bit Of Tolchocking In The Litso

I don't know if any of you remember, but last year I posted a post on the music I listen to, full of top ten lists for things like my favourite, most underrated, and other things. Well, I realised that after a year on, my music taste has slightly changed. If you're curious, here's last year's entry.

Last year a lot of it was hardcore and metal stuff. It was bands like Trivium, Alexisonfire and Billy Talent. There was a lot of Thrash, Death, Doom, Black and Heavy Metal in my playlist. Though they still are, a lot of other influences are coming in too. I'm currently a big fan of Jack Johnson, The Cat Empire and Josh Ritter. Oh, which reminds me, Jack Johnson's new album, 'Sleep Through The Static' is coming out soon. In a week, I think. Hint, hint.

I'm making up a new list of lists, just like last year's. It'll probably be posted some time this week.

Ska is definitely something I discovered in the UK. Bands like Capdown and The King Blues are amazing. I really do wanna see them live some time very soon. I've also started listening to some funk and jazz. I love The Cat Empire. They are so fuckin' good. And oh, I've also got further into hip hop, but it's (mostly) not mainstream hip hop. It's people like Plan B and Braintax that I listen to, not 50 Cent or Chamillionaire. I think Plan B's rap, accompanied with his acoustic guitar, it just sounds brilliant. And it's not thuggish hip hop. Most of it is dealing with real issues.

I'll stop talking about music. For now. And oh, by the way, I'm thinking of posting up a list of full albums that I've got, so people can request songs, and I can post them up for the music page for people to download. I think it's better that way.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment