Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Unfinished Similes With Unnamed Remedies

Today's been good. It's gooood.

I am done with C4 forever. I felt I've done enough in my exam this afternoon to make sure I don't need to squeeze every mark out of the Stats paper in June. It was a good paper. Well, when compared to how shit I've done in class and in tests. It's funny, the same thing happened with C3 last year. I hadn't a clue what was going on with C3, but on the last day, everything clicked. It was fuckin' remarkable. In the C3 tests, I could barely get a B. In my AS exams, I managed to get 93 out of 100. Not bad, eh. Hahaha.

But with this C4 paper, I'm pretty sure I won't get an A. Like, seriously dead sure. Don't ask why though.

Anyways, with C4 done and dusted, that means I get 16 PRs a week (an extra four). Personal reading, private recreation, call it what you will, I'll be having more of those.

Ah, yes.

It's been a relaxing day. No work. The exam wasn't too stressing. Only had three lessons in seven periods. Cruising here. The stress of the weekend is long gone. Come this weekend, and I get to see my pill.

I've started to draw again. I only draw when I feel totally free, and tonight is one of those nights. No worries, no nothing. Just the pleasure of seeing my emotions manifest themselves onto one blank piece of paper. It's not finished yet.

The thing is, most of what I try to do are never finished. Be it a story or a drawing. I've got so many unfinished stories saved as word documents in my laptop. Stories. Hahaha. Stories imply plot. That's a bit misleading.

I usually don't do plots. Plots are unrealistic, I think. Real life is just about random things interlocking and intertwining, and when you truly describe someone's life, it will be total nonsense. And in reality, nonsense is more realistic than the neat, well thought-out stories that present reasonable resolutions. I mean, when does life ever wrap itself neatly without any inexplicable inconsistencies?

Short stories are the best when they concentrate themselves into one moment in time, beginning without an actual beginning, just continuing where yesterday left off, and finishing without actually finishing, leaving tomorrow to continue the story.

I need my pill. I need my unnamed remedy.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment