Thursday, May 15, 2008

Musing Musicality

I promised about a month ago to re-do a list I did sometime last year (3rd March, to be exact. Haha). This is my top ten albums I bought since that post:

[1] Gallows – Orchestra Of Wolves [10/10]
[2] Coheed & Cambria – No World For Tomorrow [9.5/10]
[3] Serj Tankian – Elect The Dead [9/10]
[4] Jack Johnson – Sleep Through The Static [9/10]
[5] Enter Shikari – Take To The Skies [9/10]
[6] Foo Fighters – Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace [8.5/10]
[7] Jimmy Eat World – Chase This Light [8/10]
[8] Josh Ritter – The Historical Conquests Of Josh Ritter [8/10]
[9] Angels & Airwaves – I-Empire [8/10]
[10] Fu Manchu – We Must Obey [8/10]


One of the best albums to have come out in 2007. Punk is not dead.

These are my top twenty songs for the past few weeks (note: some might be old songs, but who cares, hey? Good music is still good music, no matter how old it is)

[1] Sublime – What I’ve Got
[2] Jack Johnson – If I Had Eyes
[3] Flight Of The Conchords – Albi The Racist Dragon
[4] Matisyahu – Time Of Your Song
[5] Alexisonfire – Drunks, Lovers, Sinners, Saints
[6] The Moldy Peaches – Anyone Else But You
[7] Slipknot – Vermillion, Pt. 2
[8] Gallows – Come Friendly Bombs
[9] Enter Shikari – Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour…
[10] Gavin DeGraw – I Don’t Wanna Be
[11] The Kooks - Seaside
[12] Kimya Dawson – So Nice So Smart
[13] Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly – Glass Houses
[14] Turisas - Rasputin
[15] Jimmy Eat World – Always Be
[16] Kings Of Leon – Joe’s Head
[17] Gym Class Heroes – Under The Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers cover)
[18] Placebo – Because I Want You
[19] Massive Attack - Teardrop
[20] Busta Rhymes – We Made It (Featuring Linkin Park)



Absolutely sublime

My top ten bands:

[1] Gallows
[2] Enter Shikari
[3] Coheed & Cambria
[4] Alexisonfire
[5] Daft Punk
[6] Sublime
[7] Jimmy Eat World
[8] Bloc Party
[9] Rage Against The Machine
[10] Placebo


The new sound of Trance Core (Enter Shikari)

The worst eight bands(couldn't think of another two). And I have to emphasise, this is my opinion. Haha. And oh, this is pretty much the same ten I had last year. Bar a few minor changes
[1] My Chemical Romance
[2] Fall Out Boy
[3] Simple Plan
[4] Limp Bizkit
[5] Papa Roach
[6] Panic! At The Disco
[7] Fightstar
[8] Evanescence


Overrated, over the top and overachiever

Artists that I hated (-ish) and now like:
[1] Bowling For Soup
[2] Avenged Sevenfold
[3] Jamie T.
[4] The Fratellis
[5] Our Lady Peace


Thw wordsmith, Jamie T.


Not the girl we used to know and like

Bands that I liked and now hate/dislike (pretty much unchanged, except [5]):
[1] My Chemical Romance
[2] Good Charlotte
[3] Fall Out Boy
[4] Evanescence
[5] Avril Lavigne










Not actually any good

Most overrated band (again, almost unchanged):
[1] My Chemical Romance
[2] Fall Out Boy
[3] Panic! At The Disco
[4] Simple Plan
[5] Good Charlotte



Progressive metal at its best

Most underrated band:
[1] Coheed & Cambria
[2] Placebo
[3] NoFX
[4] Sublime
[5] (+44)








Still don't know what the deal is

I (still) can’t understand the hype about:
[1] Klaxons
[2] Muse
[3] My Chemical Romance
[4] Simple Plan
[5] Avril Lavigne






Pioneers of punk. Without them, music won't be as we know it now.

I’ve re-discovered:
[1] The Clash
[2] AC/DC
[3] The Ramones
[4] Metallica
[5] Bob Marley & The Wailers




Asian bands that I do like:
[1] Lo (Malaysia)
[2] Love Me Butch (Malaysia)
[3] Sheila On 7 (Indonesia)
[4] Airholes (Brunei)
[5] [H8] (Brunei)

And Asian bands that I don’t:
[1] Padi (Indonesia)
[2] Flop Poppy (Malaysia)
[3] Dygta (Indonesia)
[4] Ada Band (Indonesia)
[5] Radja (Indonesia)



Pop (or anything outside rock, really) stars I can stand (and like, in some cases)
[1] Eminem
[2] Daft Punk
[3] Plan B
[4] The Streets
[5] Moby

And those I can’t stand (and again, unchanged. Haha)
[1] 50 Cent
[2] Britney Spears
[3] Pussycat Dolls
[4] Hilary Duff
[5] Paris Hilton

The most annoying songs:
[1] Rihanna – Umbrella (Featuring Jay-Z)
[2] Ne-Yo – So Sick
[3] High School Musical – All In This Together
[4] Clint Mansell – Requiem For A Dream
[5] Simple Plan – Shut Up



Get these covers:
[1] New Found Glory – Iris (The Goo Goo Dolls)
[2] Cartel – Wonderwall (Oasis)
[3] Gym Class Heroes – Under The Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
[4] Natasha Bedingfield – Somewhere Only We Know (Keane)
[5] Turisas – Rasputin (Boney M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment