Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wistful Pillow Fights



So it's Wednesday. So it's a bit late for an update on how my weekend was. So this. So that.

Well, my weekend was brilliant. Spent with Pill, again. Thorpe Park was amazing. There's some really good rollercoasters that will blow your mind.



There's one called Stealth, that starts from a standstill to 80mph in under 2 seconds, and before you realise how fast you're going the rollercoaster suddenly goes up just over 200 feet and then you plummet back down. It's ridiculously fast and intense.



There's another called Colossus, and suggested by the name, is absolutely immense. You're basically just rolling around a loop every split second. I think it's got the world record for most inversions, as they say it. Which says something.



Nemesis Inferno is a bigger, badder version of Nemesis in Alton Towers. It's absolutely intense. Too bad we couldn't take our shoes off for the ride. It would've felt amazing if we could feel the wind crashing on our feet as they dangle under the coaster.



Me & Pill got absolutely soaked after riding Tidal Wave. Apparently 3 tonnes of water were forced into the air as the boat hits the bottom. It explains a lot. This is much, much better than the Waterfall in Jerudong Park. Waterfall has nothing on Tidal Wave. Tidal Wave really feels like you're being attacked by a waterfall. I had to take off my shirt and just wear my jacket with nothing inside. The water was so cold.



The shittiest ride was X:/No Way Out. It's supposed to be a backwards in-the-dark rollercoaster. Great on paper, but in practice, it was shit. It stopped every 20 seconds, which stopped the flow of adrenaline. And the loops were non-existent. I think in terms of in-the-dark rollercoasters, Disneyland's Aerosmith Rock 'N Roll was way better, even though it wasn't backwards.

Thorpe Park is amazing. Me & Pill have already bought the tickets for next time, and guess what, this time it's only £10 each. And it's open, so we can go anytime we want. When they said Thorpe Park is the thrill capital of England, they weren't being funny.

By the way, I got myself a new monitor. And a wireless desktop.



Sorry you can't see the wireless keyboard. You can still see my laptop, which basically has become just a PCU really. It's where I plug all my USB and stuff, and switch it on. I don't even have to have the lid open anymore. Except of course when I switch it on or use the webcam.

Yes, I think the monitor is amazing. Acer X222W it is. Yes, tech-jargon. Who wants that. All I need to know was that it's only £150, 22 inches, and is amazing for working (yes, I do work) and watching films.

I know I spend a lot of money. But most of the time I never regret my money-spending, wasting ways. This is one of those times. And the Thorpe Park trip wasn't bad either.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment