Thursday, May 22, 2008

Twins In The Tropics



Last night was incredible. If you're remotely interested in football at all, then you would've known that United won the Champions League final against Chelsea.

It's really a different experience when you're watching the final with real Mancunians and Londoners. Of course in Brunei the passion is still there. But when you support Manchester United and you're from Manchester, there's that enhanced feeling of local pride and passion. That showed last night. I'm a United fan, but I don't really show it. I'd rather admit I am an Inter fan, which I am. And I would be chuffed if Lampard decided to go to Inter.

Anyways, we found this amusing bit in Milton's 'Paradise Lost,':

'The Spartan twins / Up the tropic Crab'

It's priceless.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment