Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hovering Under The Bridge

I'm in London right now enjoying my half-term, hence the lack of updates the past week. Yes, if I still had quota on my 3G, I would've certainly updated more often. But as it turns out, I don't.

So Friday was the last day of school. Well, of lessons anyway for us the Upper Sixth, most of which will be off to University, or having a gap year.

The last day was certainly a very good laugh. Lunch was just hilarious. We as Upper Sixth decided to make lunch a fancy dress party. Just like that. The theme was Prep school, and this was meant to symbolise us coming full circle, back to the youthful adolescent childhood and early teenagehood when most of us first stepped into Shrewsbury School.

Of course this resulted in some very wacky lunch-time fashion. A few guys came in wearing really tight, really short school shorts. Ties were either worn very, very long, or very very short. Some wore colourful caps, some wore trousers that only came to their knees. Of course this doesn't sound very impressive read on a blog, but believe me, when about 200 sixth formers walk around KH (our cafeteria) wearing tight trousers and the third formers' clothes, it's all very surreal. I wore a tweed jacket, a bright blue shirt with red horizontal and vertical stripes, trousers that came to my knee, and striped socks that had yellow stars. Not surprisingly, the teachers were too amused to be angry.

My last lesson was English, and though we did some typically hard work with Doc Law, someone brought champagne to bring the final lesson to an end.

The Leavers Dinner for the house was good. Speeches and jokes were made. Food was good. And the company was brilliant. Then the few who was left at the house decided to spend the remainder of the waking night lying around amd sitting on the house pitch, in darkness under the starless sky.

I have a feeling I will miss this school.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment