Monday, February 23, 2009

My Defunct Band Of The Week: Quarashi

I thought today I'd bring you my defunct band of the week, Quarashi [myspace]:
Comparisons to the Beastie Boys and Rage Against The Machine are not inaccurate, as they incorporate their loves of funk, rock and electronica into their brand of hip hop. Coming from the land of Bjork (or more accurately, Iceland), it was hard to crack the international market. Well-supported back home, in America they barely touched the charts. That's not to say they didn't build a fanbase there. Their music have been featured in the 'Madden 2003' video game, on the film '2 Fast 2 Furious' and the shows 'Alias' and 'Smallville.'

I love their beats and their use of samples. I love the Beastie Boys and I love Rage Against The Machine. So Quarashi was like a match made in heaven for me.

This is their video for 'Mr. Jinx,' which was released in 2002. You might've seen in on MTV.


If you're interested, you can download their music or videos for free at their blog:
http://quarashimusic.blogspot.com/

It's legal, trust me. I don't post up illegal links.

Signing out

Over and out

P.S. This isn't going to be a regular feature, by the way.

----------------
Now playing: Quarashi - The Next Movie
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment