Monday, February 2, 2009

White Euphoria


"Jay thinks there's nothing more euphoric than dancing in a field of snow in the early mornings of February alone." 2:11am. Facebook status.

And it's true.

It's a kind of high you cannot get anywhere else. This inexplicable sense of happiness in the midst of heavy snowfall.

Snow is beautiful. Cold, harsh, yet ultimately beautiful. Exhilarating. Euphoric.

Amalina AY at 2:33am February 2. Status comment.
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.”- John Ruskin ;) xXx

Thanks for that, Mal. I miss you, you know. We may not have spent much time together and haven't known each other that long, but the times we had, still puts a smile on my face.

I don't even know if you read my blog.

The snow is starting to pick up again. I love this.

I'd rather this be my heaven. Carving footprints onto the snowfields, re-affirming my existence, I dance, though awkwardly, I still dance. The freezing cold reminds me that I can still feel. And it does nothing to dampen my enthusiasm. The silence is my music for tonight. And it is an apt soundtrack to this epiphany.

Do I sign out?

I'm still here

No comments:

Post a Comment