Monday, May 18, 2009

This Other Place I Go To


I added some older stuff to my other blog, that's supposed to be 'creative.' More like random thoughts that sound absurd when strung together.

Check it out and tell me what you think.


So who is today's artist? I have no fucking idea.

I recently discovered a 'movement' called Taqwacore. It's quite a controversial scene, as it mixes Islam with punk. So yes, you know why it's controversial. As far as the music goes, it's not quite my cup of tea. I considered giving it some exposure here, but I don't think people are ready for it in Brunei. They probably never will be ready for it.

It's a bit of a gray area, more towards the darker shade.

Jonquil will be in York, but I can't go see them. Which is kind of frustrating.

I went through all the bands who added me on myspace, listening to their tunes, and expecting to hear a lot of shit. And sure enough, I did. But there were some really good ones though, not least They That Cried Wolf.

I will see Pill soon.

Here's your music video of the day.


Johnny Foreigner - Eyes Wide Terrified

Here's another song for you, to download. The album 'Waited Up 'Til It Was Light,' is brilliant. Get it if you like the two songs.

Johnny Foreigner - DJs Get Doubts

And their myspace and website:


We love Johnny Foreigner.

Signing out

Over and out

----------------
Now playing: Johnny Foreigner - Lea Room
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment