Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pictures Of Yesteryear


The House Photo. Sorry it's blurred. Left is Geo. The one with the duck is me. The duck is Burmann Junior. The little kid is Nick, and on the right is Oli.

Wow oh bloody wow.

School is definitely over. No more Dix. No more KH food. No more going to lessons in suits in boiling weather.

I am sure gonna miss that place.

I will probably never see some of my housemates again, and I'm not the type who keeps in touch religiously. Faces fade. But the memories won't. It'll be a shame to not be able to see some of the faces again. Shrewsbury School has been good to me. Extremely.

I went back to school yesterday to pick up some stuff, because I need to clear up my room before I leave. I still have got some stuff like my digital drums and my big rubber duck, so I might pick them up on Speech Day.

My room was being cleaned when I got there, so I slept in Lowco's room because he wasn't there. It was weird. The last night I'll ever spend in Shrewsbury, and the whole upper sixth corridor is empty except for Clive. And Lan, but he's chosen to stay another year. His choice to stay, because he didn't think he got the grades he wanted. I admire his commitment.

I was hoping to see Geo after his rowing, but he's gone home by then. Wylde Stallions, we were, and Wylde Stallions we'll stay. He wrote on Friday before I left for London in marker pen, 'Wylde' on my arm, and he wrote 'Stallion' on his. I tried my hardest to look like I wasn't on the verge of crying. I think I did a decent job of hiding it.

This morning I got a Coke and a Kinder Bueno, put it on Clive's table, and hugged Clive goodbye. At least we'll meet on Speech Day. I still felt melancholic, nothing was gonna stop that.

It's still weird to think I'm finally going to Uni. I've finally finished A-Levels. It's sadder to think there's a chance I might not see some of my friends ever again. England is a big place. In Brunei it's easier to stumble onto an old friend. In England, it's almost a minor miracle. I guess if I end up in UCL, I'll definitely meet up with Geo as often as possible.

I want one more food fight.

I want one more night out in the Quarry.

I want one more day sitting on the windowsill soaking people with water guns.

Just one more.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment