Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Shirt On The Wall


~Hakuna Matata
What a wonderful phrase~

Fatin linked me to the Hakunas blog :)

It's a netball team, by the way. A very good one, I might add. Me and Zizi were the only two guys in the team, so I was quite pleased with myself for making the grade into this illustrious sporting club :P

I was surprised last year when they sent the Hakuna shirt to me through Zizi while I was in UK. Quite touched really, because I wasn't as integral to the team as the others, that probably stemming from the fact I'm not actually allowed to play in any tournaments because they aren't mixed. Damn you, tournament organisers.

By the way, the shirt is the one in the photo above. I hung it on my wall because it's too tight for me to wear it all the time :P Maybe in games. Haha.

I can't even decide what my best position is. My two best positions must have been GA and WD. And damn, netball is fast. It doesn't look it when you're on the sides with all the fouls and stoppages, but when you're on the court, it's pure adrenaline, baby. Hahaha. I played Centre a few times, and it was so fucking tiring.

People say netball is not aggresive, but it is. It's just that, the aggression is turned to precision, speed and control. That's why most guys find it hard to begin with. The 'no-contact' rule intimidates them. So when they find themselves unable to control who their bodies barge into, then they blame the game for not being aggressive enough. For being too 'girly.'

Netball is very similar to Ultimate Frisbee in that sense. In fact, Ultimate originated partly from netball. So I guess playing both regularly kinda helped both causes.

These girls are the 'playing' members of Hakuna Matata :)


Thanks for letting me feel like a girl. Hahaha.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment