Monday, June 2, 2008

Nothing Is Gonna Go Back

So half-term is over. Which means I won't have any barren blog time anytime soon, what with my 3G quota finally re-set and my 02 bills half paid.

I just got back to school today, and sure enough, it felt different. Part exam time, part the absence of lessons, it's only been a few hours back in Severn Hill yet there's already a sense of loss over what has been two great years here. It's been a really memorable time doing my A-Levels here. It's like being given a completely new outlook on life. In MSPSBS, it was quite 'play hard and work hard,' but in Shrewsbury it's more like 'Work hard (-ish) and play much, much harder.' Lovely work ethic, I think. Hahaha. It will be less than three weeks until my last day of exams, but I'll be back for Speech Day, which is on July 4th.

Other stuff.

Jealous of Adri's Bose, there was no nursing this intense jealousy other than buying a pair of Bose headphones myself. Though not exactly the mega-force that is the noise-cancelling pair Adri has, mine is very good at half the price. Of course it's a big dent in my pocket, £119. But I wasn't disappointed, and I'm loving it.



Come to think about it, £119 is money well spent considering how much time I spent traveling, and an amazing pair of headphones is what I need in a bi-monthly 4-hour trip to London, though my JVC Marshmallow which cost a mere tenth of the Bose is good value, and I love it to bits. It's amazingly comfortable and the sound is amazing for a relatively cheap pair.

I'll still use it, especially when I need something less conspicuous, or when I need earphones when I'm on the phone.

I've been spending quite an amount on gadgets recently. Over the last two months I bought these things:

- a 500GB Western Digital My Book External Hard-Drive

- a Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110

- a Three Mobile Broadband modem and contract

- a 22-inch Acer X222W LCD monitor


Only after posting these pictures that I realised all of these things are black. Hahaha. Of course this isn't too strange, but right now I have a fetish for bright colours. Yes, bright colours turn me on. Heh. People who hang out with me know that I'm quite colourful with my clothes, yet when it comes to other stuff, I'm quite conservative with colours. My desktop setup at the moment is all-black. Yes, all in its ebony glory. Black speakers, black keyboard, black screen, black mouse, black hard drive, black headphones and even a black modem.

And oh, not to mention the black wires that connects it all together. Which is weird come to think of it. It's probably because it's quite hard to find bright green LCD monitors or pink keyboards, not that I think a pink keyboard would fit me. Or a green LCD monitor. Maybe something like baby blue or bright red. Bright colours that don't seem like it came out of Barbie's limited edition Surfin' The Web doll.

I rather liked the colours on the Skullcandy headphones, which look awesome, striking and bold. But at an average price of £40, I hear the sound quality isn't really something to brag about.

Ah well. I think the next time I blog it will be a rant. About how lazy some (both permanent and transit) residents of Brunei Hall are at cleaning up the fucking kitchen. And how easy it is for food to get stolen. Or maybe not.

Signing out

Over and out

1 comment:

  1. OMFGWTFFABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.The stolen food in Brunei Hall. It's absolutely ridiculous come to think about it. All these people getting at least £500 a month stealing food that actually cost less than a fiver. Silly fuckers. Wait, detergent? 2 quid, hey. When I catch that dirty thief, or thieves, I'll shove as much detergent up their nose as I can. Not that it'll clean them that much anyway. I hope they choke on the food they stole. And then they'll get food poisoning. And then go to the hospital. And then miss classes. And then struggle in lessons. And then flunk exams. And then get kicked back to Brunei. And then we won't have to worry about stolen food and detergent anymore.

    Er, who was supposed to rant again?

    ReplyDelete