Wednesday, August 29, 2007

In Time The Inconsequentials Will Become The Inevitables

So tomorrow is my flight back to the UK, and my feelings are terribly mixed about it. On one hand, I can't help but feel I haven't spent enough time with all of my friends, especially Fee and Yumnie. On the other hand, I simply can't wait to go back.

So what has the first two months back to Brunei taught me? I'm not quite sure. A lot, yet so little at the same time.

Things change. People change. Unexpected new relationships blooming. Unexpected old relationships staying alive or breaking off. This side of the world has changed during my absence, and it feels weird. I'm not thinking country-wise. I mean my friends. It's strange to think that for the past ten months I haven't been directly a part of their lives, and they in mine.

It's unbelievably weird - and incredibly selfish of me - to see and feel envious that these people are doing well without me. Heh. I know. What did I expect. Not that I'm self-centred or anything. I think most would understand what I'm trying to say, rather than intepret it as self-centred.

It's raining planes and helicopters, and one of them is my flight HOME.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment