Friday, August 3, 2007

Saved By The Bed

I slept on a proper bed for the first time this week last night. I've been sleeping on wheelchairs and floors, if I had any sleep at all. So the return to my own room was certainly welcome.

I also bought a Nintendo Wii, to prove to myself I am still that indulgent person who likes to spend, be it money or time with friends. Being in the hospital, I wasn't that person. I sacrificed my sleep, time and money in there.

I guess I do feel the need to be selfish and indulgent. All my life I've been selfless on too many occasions. This is one of those times.

People take advantage of other people's selflessness. It's a fact of life. None of my cousins, uncles or aunts even offered to take just one day off of work/school to replace me. No one even asked if I was tired of it. The only one who asked was my grandpa, and he's the one being taken care of.

It'll be me again tonight. I don't wanna argue with anyone about it. There's enough back-stabbing going on behind the scenes already.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment