Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Under The Scene Of A Starless Sky

I've been here at the hospital since Sunday night. The only time I've been out of the hospital since then, was just now, for a few hours, to get some stuff from my house, and get some much-needed sleep on my much-missed bed.

Progress has been great though. Grandpa's steadily getting better. The doctor says that he might be fit enough to leave after two days. He's sleeping now. If it isn't for the wireless internet connection, I'd be extremely bored most of the time.

I met Vanessa and Aki yesterday at the hospital. Both unexpectedly. I met Vanessa on the way back from breakfast. Being only half-awake with only three hours of sleep the night before, it took me a while to recognise her. My encounter with Aki was when I was going back from lunch, and I saw him sitting with his family.

I guess those chance meetings, the news of my grandpa getting better, and the fact that allowances come out tomorrow, have lifted my spirits immensely. I'm still pretty tired and exhausted. I've probably only had eight hours of sleep during the last 72 hours.

I'm pretty sure tomorrow is also gonna be my turn, since everyone using the "I've got work/school" excuse to get out of it. I don't really mind, but I do need the rest once in a while.

I'm going out tomorrow afternoon. I've got to get my ass out of this place for just a few hours to mantain some sense of sanity in me.

Oh, well. It could be worse.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment