Friday, August 24, 2007

Two Afternoons Of Caffeine & Chocolate

I’ve been working for the British Council these last couple of days, and I enjoyed myself. Maybe I’ll do this again next year. Not to mention to get some extra money. Ahaha. Ha.

The Education UK exhibition was fun, even though I was just a promoter for the feedback survey. I was quite happy with myself, especially when we managed to overshoot the 250 mark by about 100 people. Nice touch. Apparently Bruneians like doing surveys. And oh, getting the free sports bottle that came along with filling them.

It’s amusing what people would do just to get a free souvenir. Some of these people weren’t even considering doing the survey, until I mentioned the free stuff. After that they didn’t even mind queuing up for up to twenty minutes just to fill in the computerised survey. But encouragingly, I must add, a lot of people said yes before even finding out we gave out these free metallic red cylinders of water-containing wonders.

And on Friday afternoon, I volunteered to help out with the pre-departure briefing by of course, the British Council. I was only expecting to be involved in the Q&A section of the whole thing, but Jances & I got asked to give an impromptu talk of living in the UK. It was a short one though, and we did pretty well. One nice touch was when Jances mentioned her experience of the girls in UK talking about how much bigger each other’s boobs have grown. I burst into laughter, holding my face in my hands, in front of the whole audience, and while we weren’t really embarrassed about talking about it, I could see some of the audience actually surprised. That was what made me laugh.

Anyways, I met Vanessa with who I think is her boyfriend Darren. She’s got a new haircut, and dyed her hair, which looked really nice on her. And oh, I think Aainaa must have did her hair too. Both of them look really great with the new hair. Sorry I didn’t mention that when talking to you two.

Signing out

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment